You may be eligible for funding for some or all of your undergraduate study.
Women in Engineering
Our Women in Engineering initiative provides information and highlights opportunities for aspiring female engineers.
WESBath is affiliated to the Women's Engineering Society, a national organisation.
- to inform current and potential female students of available funding opportunities
- to increase awareness of engineering as a career by arranging events with professionals from different sectors
- to strengthen links with female alumni and engineering companies
- to promote a career in engineering to younger students in the local area by sharing knowledge and organising events
Become a member of the society to:
- find out about University and national events for female engineers
- link up with female engineering students and academics at Bath to build a community for women in engineering
- get involved with outreach activity where you can share your experience with young women making important decisions about their future education
Join WESBath and receive emails about new events.
For Nia's final-year mechanical engineering project, she was given the brief to improve the white cane. Nia's digital cane uses ultrasonic waves to identify obstacles and communicates these to a visually impaired user through vibrations. After her graduation, Nia was supported by the University of Bath's Innovation Centre to turn her idea into a business.Watch Nia's story
WISE - The WISE Campaign encourages women to pursue science, technology, engineering and maths or construction study and careers.
EngineerGirl - A website designed to bring attention to the exciting opportunities that engineering represents.
Insight into university (previously known as Headstart & Inspire) - an online course allowing students to experience STEM studies at university.
Tomorrow's Engineers - Tomorrow’s Engineers provides information and resources about careers in engineering. They also run a schools programme.
Career pilot - Your choices at 14, 16 and 18. Explore different job sectors and how you can study and work at the same time - even to university level.