Cleaning services we aim to provide
As we adapt our service in line with the latest government guidance on COVID-19, this information is subject to change.
This information is for the 2021 to 2022 academic year.
We aim to:
- clean kitchens and social areas at least once a week
- clean shared bathrooms at least once a week
- empty waste once a week (apart from in Norwood and Eastwood houses 1 to 21, where you must remove it yourself)
- empty recycling as often as needed
You will be given fixed times when cleaning takes place in your accommodation.
You are responsible for the day-to-day cleaning of your accommodation.
- make sure your kitchen, social areas and shared bathrooms are cleaned regularly throughout the week
- do any washing up straight away
- Washing up must not be left in the kitchen, otherwise our house keeping team can not clean thoroughly
- keep surfaces, worktops and windowsills clear and clean, use the cupboards provided
- keep communal areas tidy and clutter free, so everyone can use the space and help our staff when cleaning
- clean your own bedroom and en-suite bathroom (if you have one)
- regularly remove your rubbish
- recycle as much of your rubbish as possible
Read our cleaning guide for further support and advice on how to keep your accommodation clean.
We check kitchens and communal areas at least once a week during your given cleaning time.
If the cleanliness of your kitchen falls below an acceptable standard, you will have 48 hours to improve it.
If there is no improvement, our staff will carry out a full deep clean at a cost of up to £35 per resident. You will be given a date and time of when the deep clean will take place.
We check bedrooms regularly.
If your room is below an acceptable standard you will have one week to improve.
If there is no improvement, our staff will carry out a full deep clean, which you will be charged £50 for.
You will be given a date and time of when the deep clean will take place.