Skip to main content

Using your Eat and Drink credit

If you live in The Quads, Polden Court or Brendon Court, you can use your library card to buy food and drink in the campus outlets.

About Eat and Drink credit

For undergraduates

If you are living in:

  • The Quads
  • Polden Court
  • Brendon Court
  • a shared bedroom in block C of Woodland Court

You can use your library card to buy food and drink in the outlets on campus.

Eat and Drink credit is added from your accommodation fees to your library card in three instalments. The first is in September, the second in January and third in April.

The amount of credit you get depends on the accommodation you live in.

Accommodation Weekly credit
Brendon Court £50
Polden Court £50
The Quads £25
Woodland Court (shared rooms) £25

With £50 weekly credit you can buy around two meals a day from our food outlets.

£25 weekly credit buys you around one meal a day.

Using your Eat and Drink credit

Place your library card on the black card reader next to the till. The till operator will indicate when the transaction is successful.

The cost comes off your Eat and Drink credit balance.

If you don't have enough credit on your card you have to pay for any outstanding amounts.

Eat and Drink discount

If you are an undergraduate living in Eat and Drink accommodation, you receive a 10% discount on food and drink when paying at the till. This is available in all outlets except The Market and excludes promotions.

Checking your balance

Ask any hospitality staff to check the amount of credit on your card.

Unused credit

You can carry unused credit over until you leave University.

Where you can use Eat and Drink credit

You can use your credit to buy food and refreshments in the following hospitality outlets:

Lost cards

If you lose your card you should:

  1. Report it by emailing the Student Living team They will freeze your credit to stop anyone from using your balance.

  2. Visit the Reader Services Desk on Level 2 of the Library to get a replacement card.

Visit the West Accommodation Centre for a replacement card if you are part of the Open University.

  1. Your credit will automatically load onto your new library card within an hour of it being printed.

You can then continue using your library card to pay for food using your Eat and Drink credit.


If you have any questions, please contact us.