Skip to main content

Choose your undergraduate student accommodation options

Find out about the types of undergraduate student accommodation available to help you to choose where to live.

Living in University accommodation

Become part of our student community; we're here to help you feel at home.

As we adapt our service in line with the latest government guidance on COVID-19, this information is subject to change.

You can choose to live on the campus or in the heart of the city, and decide whether you'd like accommodation that comes with credit to buy food and drink.

We manage 3,586 bedrooms on campus and 1,147 in the city.

Our accommodation is specially designed with all students in mind. You can pick somewhere to suit your budget and your lifestyle.

If you have a disability or medical condition, let us know and we'll consider your needs when we look at accommodation applications.

All of our accommodation is close to transport links, with regular buses between campus and the city centre.

Choosing your accommodation options

Information about the differences between each accommodation type, to help you to make your selection.

Eat and Drink credit

You can apply to live in accommodation that comes with Eat and Drink credit, to spend in our range of food and drink outlets on campus.

Alternatively, you can choose accommodation without Eat and Drink credit. All accommodation options include a communal kitchen, where you can cook for yourself and your flatmates.

Your options

You will need to pick ten accommodation types you would like to live in, such as en-suite or standard. You will need to rank them in your order of preference from highest to lowest.

We’ll do our best to place you in your preferred room type, but we cannot guarantee this.

Additional preferences

When doing your application, you can request to live in mixed or single-sex accommodation.

If you are an eligible first-year undergraduate, you can also tell us if you would prefer to live in accommodation that is designated as:

  • quiet
  • alcohol-free
  • for mature students

If you choose one of these options, it’ll be considered together with your room type preferences, although it is not guaranteed.

If you have a disability or medical condition

Make sure you tell us so that we can consider your needs when looking at accommodation applications.

Additional requirements

We are committed to providing a safe and happy environment for students to live in, whatever their choice of accommodation. We value diversity and inclusivity, and want everyone to be treated with respect.

For example, we can help you if you:

  • are trans and/or gender diverse; we may be able to place you in an en-suite bedroom or a studio
  • are non-binary or intersex; we can look at allocating you to a mixed-gender flat

To speak to someone about applying under these circumstances, contact our Student Living team at The team is available to support you through every step of your move to University accommodation.

Your accommodation options

Find out more about our individual accommodation types.

If you are a first-year undergraduate and are eligible to apply for University accommodation and apply by the 1 July deadline, you are guaranteed accommodation.

Undergraduate students can apply for the following accommodation options:

On campus (Claverton Down) with Eat and Drink credit

On campus (Claverton Down) without Eat and Drink credit

Off campus (city centre)

Accommodation for couples and families

We also have accommodation available for couples and families with up to two children.

Exchange and visiting students

If you are an exchange or visiting student, you will need to choose two room types when applying for accommodation.

Safe and secure

We're committed to creating a safe and welcoming environment for all.

A security officer chatting to a student in The Quads kitchen.

Bath is considered one of the safest cities in the world, and our campus is safe too.

In 2018, the University was ranked second safest in the UK in the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey. If you live in our accommodation, you will often see our Security team on patrol.

Secure accommodation

You can only access your accommodation with your specially programmed library card and keys. This system helps to keep you and your belongings safe. There is also CCTV on campus, in public areas of accommodation and around the University.

Insurance as part of your package

You will get contents insurance that covers your property against fire, theft and damage.

Supporting you

Your accommodation at Bath is more than just a room. Our Student Living Ambassadors are here to make sure you feel settled and at home in your accommodation - whether you have a question about meeting new people, keeping healthy or balancing your studies with your personal life, the Student Living Ambassadors are on hand to help.

Explore our accommodation

Get a feel for our campus and city accommodation options by watching these videos.

Applying for undergraduate accommodation

Find out how to apply for accommodation

Contact us

Speak to our Student Accommodation team for help and advice.