Rooms in Westwood cost between £145 and £200 per week. There are 650 rooms in Westwood with 631 standard rooms priced from £145 to £150.
Westwood student accommodation
Westwood is accommodation for first year undergraduate students on the west side of campus.
All bills included; utilities, insurance, Wi-Fi and more.
Strong community feel, with large flat groups.
About this accommodation
Westwood offers accommodation across seven blocks of flats for 654 first year undergraduate students.
It is home to a large part of the student community on campus, with groups of 16 to 22 sharing two or three kitchens and three or four showers and toilets.
There are also studio flats for students with medical conditions, with private en-suite showers and kitchenettes.
To make you feel safe and at home, Westwood has a secure living environment, with swipe card access to the buildings. There is secure bike storage by Cotswold.
- 38 week accommodation contracts for Mendip, Quarry, Quantock and Conygre
- 40 week accommodation contracts for Cotswold, Derhill and Wolfson
All of our University accommodation is smoke free.
The bedrooms have:
- standard 91cm x 183cm single bed with reading light
- mattress protector
- desk, chair and drawers
- plenty of storage for your belongings, including bookshelves and wardrobe
- your own wash basin
- high-speed Wi-Fi and ethernet connection so you can always be connected
In the kitchen you will find everything you need for preparing meals:
- electric hobs
- table and chairs
- cupboards and drawers
Westwood accommodation is made up of seven blocks:
Quarry, Mendip and Wolfson have five floors with 25 rooms on each.
Derhill, Quantock, Cotswold and Conygre have five houses per block. Each block has 19 rooms.
Your room details contain your building, floor or house and room number.
For example the room number:
- R1.01 means you are located in Quarry, ground floor, room one
- M1.01 means you are located in Mendip, ground floor, room one
- L2.02 means you are located in Wolfson, second floor, room two
- Y1.01 means you are located in Conygre, house one, room one
- Q2.02 means you are located in Quantock, house two, room two
- T1.01 means you are located in Cotswold, house one, room one
- D1.01 means you are located in Derhill, house one, room one
If you have a disability or additional needs, you can choose to live in one of the specially adapted bedrooms in our on-campus accommodation.
- Your post delivered to shared, passcode-protected mailboxes
- Insurance cover to protect your belongings
- High-speed Wi-Fi and ethernet, allowing you to be connected at all times
- Gas, electric and water bills
- Wellbeing Service
- A dedicated accommodation security officer as well as 24 hour security, to keep you safe around the clock
- Clean linen exchange
- Cleaning of some areas
You are responsible for keeping your rooms clean and tidy.
At the start of the academic year you can elect a Hall Representative.
The Students’ Union supports Hall Representatives to organise social and community-building events.
Hall Representatives collect student feedback about living in the accommodation. They discuss this with the University and the Students’ Union to make sure your voices are heard.
Student Living Ambassadors
Settling into your new home at University, building relationships, cooking meals and cleaning with your housemates can be daunting, but your Student Living Ambassadors are here to help.
The Student Living Ambassadors are friendly faces to help out with any queries or concerns you may have, as well as running social activities and making sure you're aware of the latest events and updates.
They regularly check-in with you and your flatmates via Microsoft Teams calls. If you need help or advice with life in halls, you can schedule a one-to-one call with a Student Living Ambassador at any time by contacting email@example.com.