University Doctoral Studies Committee (UDSC)
We are responsible for the academic standards and coordination of doctoral study.
We are responsible to Senate for strategic coordination, the maintenance of high academic standards and the continuous improvement of the student experience for all doctoral study, including taught components of doctoral programmes and all Doctoral Training Entities.
You can read the full responsibilities of the committee in the terms of reference.
- Professor S Hainsworth, (Chair), Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research), term of office ex-officio
- Professor C Mitchell, Academic Director of the Doctoral College, term of office ex-officio
- Professor J Barnett, Associate Dean (Research) Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences, term of office ex-officio
- Professor C Bowen, Associate Dean (Research) Faculty of Engineering & Design, term of office ex-officio
- Professor K Edler, Associate Dean (Research) Faculty of Science, term of office ex-officio
- Professor A Brown, Associate Dean (Research) School of Management, term of office ex-officio
- Mr S Singh, SU Postgraduate Officer, term of office ex-officio
- One student per faculty/school elected by the SU and from the doctoral student community, term of office ex-officio
- Mr S Gane, Head of Doctoral Recruitment and Programmes
- Dr J Brice, Head of Doctoral Development and Student Experience
- Dr C McMurray, Doctoral Quality Framework Officer
- Ms A Bamber-Jones, Head of Doctoral Admissions & Recruitment
- Dr S Douglas, Co-Director of the CDT in SAMBa and University CDT Lead
- Mr Ryan Lucas, Student Union Education Manager
- Ms K Morley, Secretary